The Real Estate Video ManifestoJune 27, 2007
1) Visitors want to view prospective properties as part of their online experience using their sense of sight and hearing. Real estate video therefore must be large, interesting, and have great audio preferably in a language comfortable to the viewer in order to maximize the sensual experience.
2) Like traditional listings, the first weeks of any video listing are critical. In order for a real estate video to be most effective, it needs to be made available to a ready audience of prospective buyers within the first two weeks.
3) Buyers search for properties online at real estate sites not video sites. Our data clearly shows that buyers want to see real estate videos of recently listed properties and will go to real estate sites with consistently fresh content to search for properties. General online video sites dont seem to have the same attraction for prospective buyers.
4) Effective distribution of real estate videos is a key approach to attracting prospective buyers in the first two weeks of listing. Effective distribution of real estate video can be defined as sustained or regular distribution of all available property videos to real estate sites, blogs, or portals where large groups of buyers/investors gather with the intent of purchasing properties regardless of language . Hoping that someone with a popular website will cut and paste your property video into their webpage is a fragmented method of distribution at best and a method that not all of us have at our disposal. For most of us, the cut and paste approach likely will yield paltry results in the critical first two weeks.
5) Property videos are not necessarily designed to be viral. They are designed to help sell properties by highlighting features to buyers outside of the local area so as to help narrow their choices when in the area. All of the other benefits of using video are secondary to helping sell a property. Viral videos on the other hand are designed to entertain a fleeting group of people that are looking to be entertained. Except in the rarest of cases, there seems to be little correlation between the group of people looking to be entertained and prospective buyers.
6) Alternative videos of similar properties should be available with a minimum of clicks. Highly trafficked websites know that each required click means the loss of a large percentage of visitors.
If you want assistance with ensuring that your property video is viewed in a large, multiple language format by a large number of buying oriented visitors within the first two weeks (and beyond), consider viewing any of our hundreds of property videos online at http://vidlisting.com or contacting us directly at email@example.com.